Active-DVI is a presenter and previewer for texts or slides written in LaTeX, hence the presentation tool of choice for the discriminating hacker.
In addition to the regular features of the Active-DVI previewer:
* Encapsulated Postscript File inclusion
(using the graphics LaTeX package)
* Some effects for presentation (pause, delay, text color change)
* Embedded applications
this release introduces a lot of new features
* Improved API for embedded applications.
* Support for X colors via an additional xwindows-colors.sty LaTeX package.
* Thumbnails to see the entire presentation at a glance (press T to
build the thumbnails, then t to toggle from thumbnails to your
* Hyper references can now be made invisible.
* Enhanced background possibilities.
* A laser pointer.
* Support for ``scripting'' from within the LaTeX source file via
key bindings events generation.
* Programmable save-slide feature.
* An additional advi-slides.sty package facilitates easy
presentations and is specially devoted to the impatient and/or
the beginner. (Comments on this new package are warmly welcome.)
* Additional examples, including simple ones for the slitex LaTeX package.
* An improved manual.