LINUX.ORG.RU
ФорумTalks

gentoo-wiki.com, всем кто пытается пробиться туда...

Вообщем, страница резолвится через раз. Вот что получилось у меня.

Gentoo-Wiki, Gentoo-portage Down
What's Happening?

At approximately 1:00 AM October 17th both websites went down. heres what i know:
Saturday, October 18th 11:40PM EST

I got a few text messages from the owner FINALLY.. seems the hardware failure for the building was unrelated. skiplink apparently had a disagreement with someone over something and therefor my boxes are offline. they will be moving the boxes to a new location hopefully tomorrow. needless to say I am not impressed, and I will be moving to a new host ASAP. (right now I'm thinking about EC2)
Saturday, October 18th 7:57PM EST

No news yet, still no word from skiplink, and only some 2nd hand knowledge from inside the building. I have to head out for the night, if anyone has some important info, email me i'll have my phone with me.'
Saturday, October 18th 1:01PM EST

Update: well a guy who knows a guy has informed me that the entire building is down. (thanks Jeff) No real specifics on why, but everything is down and I'm waiting to hear back with more information. at least i can be relatively sure the data is safe, just unaccessible.
Saturday, October 18th 10:19AM EST

when the server went down at first I dident think anything was wrong with the site. I attempted to call Skiplink (my server provider) to find out if anything was wrong. They dident answer, but it was 1 AM, so i left it for the time being.

The next day In the morning the server still was not up, so I gave them another call, they did not answer. It was at this point I noticed that my 2nd server (same company, different carrier, different physical rack) was also not up. And I this is where i start panicking... the 2nd server was the backups for the first.

I have emailed, txt'd, phoned (5 different numbers) and I have yet to get ahold of anyone. If anyone knows anyone that works at http://www.56marietta.com, this is the building where the servers are housed.. could you get them to find out if anything is going on there and shoot me an email. I would REALLY appreciate it.

I'll go freak out on my own now and update this page whenever I find out anything new.

P.S. come back for updates if i have any.

Mike Valstar mikevalstar@gmail.com

Gentoo-Wiki, Gentoo-portage Down
What's Happening?

At approximately 1:00 AM October 17th both websites went down. heres what i know:
Saturday, October 18th 11:40PM EST

I got a few text messages from the owner FINALLY.. seems the hardware failure for the building was unrelated. skiplink apparently had a disagreement with someone over something and therefor my boxes are offline. they will be moving the boxes to a new location hopefully tomorrow. needless to say I am not impressed, and I will be moving to a new host ASAP. (right now I'm thinking about EC2)
Saturday, October 18th 7:57PM EST

No news yet, still no word from skiplink, and only some 2nd hand knowledge from inside the building. I have to head out for the night, if anyone has some important info, email me i'll have my phone with me.'
Saturday, October 18th 1:01PM EST

Update: well a guy who knows a guy has informed me that the entire building is down. (thanks Jeff) No real specifics on why, but everything is down and I'm waiting to hear back with more information. at least i can be relatively sure the data is safe, just unaccessible.
Saturday, October 18th 10:19AM EST

when the server went down at first I dident think anything was wrong with the site. I attempted to call Skiplink (my server provider) to find out if anything was wrong. They dident answer, but it was 1 AM, so i left it for the time being.

The next day In the morning the server still was not up, so I gave them another call, they did not answer. It was at this point I noticed that my 2nd server (same company, different carrier, different physical rack) was also not up. And I this is where i start panicking... the 2nd server was the backups for the first.

I have emailed, txt'd, phoned (5 different numbers) and I have yet to get ahold of anyone. If anyone knows anyone that works at http://www.56marietta.com, this is the building where the servers are housed.. could you get them to find out if anything is going on there and shoot me an email. I would REALLY appreciate it.

I'll go freak out on my own now and update this page whenever I find out anything new.

P.S. come back for updates if i have any.

Mike Valstar mikevalstar@gmail.com

fukazzz
() автор топика

Дождались таки ebuildов...

anonymous
()

Красные глаза стали кавайней?

madcore ★★★★★
()

Зачем, спрашивается, нужны резервные сервера, как не для размещения их на разных физических площадках у разных провайдеров?

anonymous
()
Ответ на: комментарий от fukazzz

А мораль здесь такова:

Не храни оба яйца в одной штанине...

ЗЫ: жаль, сам пытался вчера туда зайти :(

Fredy
()
Ответ на: комментарий от fukazzz

Все конечно бывает, но меня беспокоит другая мысль, а что нигде в инете среза gentoo-wiki нет? Сейчас необходима та информация и ее нет? Подскажите где можно натйи зеркало ресурса?

Messelin
()
Ответ на: комментарий от anonymous

>Кеш гугла выручает как никогда!

Интернет забакапен. Можно спать спокойно.

ansi ★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от KRoN73

Кстати, отпишите кто-нить владельцам сайта, чтобы запретили доступ к нему для Google. Чтобы он кеши свои пустыми страницами не сбросил.

KRoN73 ★★★★★
()
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.