LINUX.ORG.RU
ФорумTalks

Как правильно перевести «guitar case»? Это корпус гитары или чехол для гитары?

, ,

В следующем тексте используется словосочетание «guitar case». Как правильно его перевести?

I am a singer/songwriter and was looking for a travel guitar since my Vintage Martin Backpacker guitar has a raised bridge and a crack in the wood from age and temperature changes making it increasing difficult to comfortably play.

So when I watched nearly every single review video on youtube about the guitar, I felt confident that this guitar would be an ideal choice for my intended purposes. Unfortunately out of all the ‘sponsored in one way or another Nova Go endorsements’ that I watched, not one reviewer mentioned the odor that is emitted from the guitar case from the petrochemicals it is made from!

So I am primarily motivated to share this review because even though I watched over several dozen it is incredulous to me that no one mentioned even in passing the stench of this guitar case which actually permeates the guitar itself.

This was highly disappointing because I bought this combo in a large part because of the form fitting guitar case which would easily fit in my car when traveling. Yet, there is no way I can put this case in my car without the odor which smells like over heated car tires when you brake too much going down hill permeating my entire car.

I tried airing out the case for days and the smell hasn’t dissipated which is disheartening because I really like the guitar yet didn’t want to fork over more money to buy a case that wouldn’t be as form fitting as the petroleum based case it came with. I also would need to replace the guitar strap because it’s made from the same awful smelling material. In the past, I purchased a keyboard case made from the same pungent stuff and the scent never went away so I doubt that this case will be any different.

For me the odor issue is frustrating and an inconvenience to have to buy a different case yet for someone with chemical sensitivities the substance this case is comprised of could really jeopardize someones health by causing an allergic reaction to the petrochemicals.

I’m not recommending not buying this combo because the guitar is ideal for travel if you don’t want to ruin your wood guitar by moisture, heat or cold. Nice for taking to the beach and camping. Just don’t think for a minute you could hike with it because it is heavy for it’s size where you will also experience neck dive so you do need to play it while using a strap.

If you want a guitar to backpack with, the Martin Backpacker guitar ($299.00 with exceptional fabric case that doesn’t off gas) is truly the only sized guitar for the task. Yet the Nova Go’s sound is much better than the Martin so save yourself some money by buying the Nova as long as you factor in the cost of a different guitar case which may or may not make the Nova Go a financially feasible purchase for you.

When I expressed my disappointment with the Nova Go case with Enya, I dealt with August a stellar representative who is a credit to their company. And I was impressed with both her and Enya’s responsiveness to my concerns which were resolved in such a way that I decided to keep the guitar even though I will be out of pocket for buying a different case and strap to complete the original combo.

The way they quickly, consistently and compassionately responded to me over multiple interactions engendered a trust in their company which I don’t experience much on Amazon. So much so that I am considering upgrading to their Nova Go Smart Guitar when it debuts on Amazon especially if they include a different non-off gassing case with it.

For what appears to me to be a customer oriented based company, I would hope that in the future Enya would supply a different case with their guitar combos that doesn’t off gas toxic petrochemicals which not only make it intolerable to smell yet could present a serious health concern to the many individuals who suffer from chemical sensitivities. Perhaps an inexpensively produced case like the many foam ones found on amazon could be an alternative to their petroleum based case. I surely hope they will seriously change the case material because I would like to become a lifelong customer in both buying and recommending their products.

★★★★★

Был раньше какой-то сайт, там можно было ввести словосочетание и посмотреть картинки.

thesis ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от snizovtsev

Лорчую. По моему опыту, корпус обычно называют body.

Nervous ★★★★★
()

или гитарный случай

flant ★★★
()

Корпус, конечно.

different guitar case which may or may not make the Nova Go a financially feasible purchase for you.

Вряд ли чехол прям такой дорогой.

dataman ★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от dataman

Кофры могут быть довольно дорогими. Да и хороший мягкий кейс тоже может, какая-нибудь кожа натуральная там.

alegz ★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от alegz

Nova Go делают из углеволокна, отсюда и цена. Я так думаю! :)

dataman ★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от Irma

Туесок для гуслей?

В туесок «не влазит», он мягкий и маленький, лучше короб.

quickquest ★★★★★
()

Офигеть! Чё я раньше лоропереводами не пользовался?

R_He_Po6oT ★★★★
()

Ты текст читал? Там guitar case противопоставляется guitar itself, как можно было перепутать с body?

t184256 ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от t184256

никто даже вскользь не упомянул о зловонии этого гитарного футляра, которое на самом деле пропитывает всю гитару.

Нет никакого противопоставления.

Но таки да, корпус похоже что body называют.

Xintrea ★★★★★
() автор топика
Ответ на: комментарий от Xintrea

no one mentioned even in passing the stench of this guitar case which actually permeates the guitar itself.

guitar itself

itself

t184256 ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от Xintrea

Корпус всегда и везде был body. А кейс - это чехол/кофр.

Что ты там такое странное читаешь? Отзывы в магазине? Или ты торгуешь гитарами? ;)

R_He_Po6oT ★★★★
()
Последнее исправление: R_He_Po6oT (всего исправлений: 1)
Ответ на: комментарий от dataman

Знаю лично человека, который купил гитарный чехол за такие деньги, какие иные люди за гитару вместе с чехлом не отдадут.

eternal_sorrow ★★★★★
()

Так и переводится «гитарный кофр» или «гитарный кейс» - но точно не чехол, так как подразумевается жёсткая конструкция.

grem ★★★★★
()
Последнее исправление: grem (всего исправлений: 1)

the stench of this guitar case which actually permeates the guitar itself

даёт тебе подсказку, что речь об саквояже.

beastie ★★★★★
()
  1. случай с гитарой (пропил например или детективная загадка)
  2. недописанный switch
x905 ★★★★★
()

..the odor that is emitted from the guitar case from the petrochemicals it is made from..

По моему, из этой фразы совершенно очевидно о чем речь.

ivama
()
Ответ на: комментарий от x905

недописанный switch

Тогда был бы не «guitar case», а «case guitar».

pr849
()
Закрыто добавление комментариев для недавно зарегистрированных пользователей (со score < 50)