Вот некоторые изменения:
- More compact compilation of classes.
- Much more efficient handling of class definitions inside functors
or local modules.
- Simpler representation for method tables. Objects can now be marshaled between identical programs with the flag Marshal.Closures.
- Improved error messages for objects and variants.
- Improved printing of inferred module signatures (toplevel and ocamlc -i).
Recursion between type, class, class type and module definitions is now correctly printed.
- The -pack option now accepts compiled interfaces (.cmi files) in addition to compiled implementations (.cmo or .cmx).
* A compile-time error is signaled if an integer literal exceeds the
range of representable integers.
- Fixed code generation error for "module rec" definitions.
- The combination of options -c -o sets the name of the generated
.cmi / .cmo / .cmx files.
- Option -output-obj is now compatible with Dynlink and
with embedded toplevels.
- Division and modulus by zero correctly raise exception Division_by_zero
(instead of causing a hardware trap).
- Improved compilation time for the register allocation phase.
- The float constant -0.0 was incorrectly treated as +0.0 on some processors.
- AMD64: fixed bugs in asm glue code for GC invocation and exception raising
- IA64: fixed incorrect code generated for "expr mod 1".
- PowerPC: minor performance tweaks for the G4 and G5 processors.
- Windows ports: many improvements in the OCamlWin toplevel application (history, save inputs to file, etc). Contributed by Christopher A. Watford.
- Native-code compilation supported for HPPA/Linux. Contributed by Guy Martin.
- Removed support for MacOS9. Mac OS 9 is obsolete and the port was not updated since 3.05.
- Removed ocamlopt support for HPPA/Nextstep and Power/AIX.
and a lot of other features ;)