Red Hat is looking for talented Linux back line platform support engineer to join its worldwide support organization. You will be part of the team that takes pride in its technical skills, passionate about open source and GNU/Linux and would be working with some of the best engineers in the industry today.
Red Hat's Support Delivery organization is dedicated to resolving the issues of our enterprise customers quickly and effectively. Backline support engineers provide high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize up-time and reduce IT costs for our customers.
Our Software Maintenance Engineers maintain close working relationships with our customer's top developers and architects and assist our front-line support engineers and technical account managers with the most complex and challenging issues. Daily contact with our software engineering team allows one to regularly work alongside some of the best open source developers on the planet.
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve complex configuration and product issues in multi-vendor solutions using entire spectrum of available tools
- Analyze upstream development against current customer reported defects and develop patches to resolve the issues
- Work closely with Red Hat's production support engineers, technical account managers and development engineering
- Contribute to improving Red Hat product quality by proposing and implementing usability and supportability improvements
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- Share knowledge with relevant teams and customers
- 5+ years experience as a support, sustaining or development engineer or other directly related experience in an enterprise environment
- Outstanding understanding of the current Linux kernel internals, with emphasis on filesystem and/or storage subsystem
- Strong experience in one or more of the following technology areas as a software engineer, developer or in depth troubleshooting analyst:
- Common local and network Linux file systems (ext2/3/4, XFS, nfs, cifs, etc.)
- Storage area networks, storage virtualisation and fiber channel attached storage (inc. iSCSI/FCoE) is a plus
- Redundant storage systems (RAID, multipath I/O, distributed storage) is a plus
- Troubleshooting and debugging in distributed and multithreaded environments
- Development experience with C and familiarity with established open source methodologies
- Understanding of hardware architecture (x86/x86_64 is required, others are beneficial)
- Experience writing scripts using BASH and Python to troubleshoot and correct Linux issues. Knowledge of other scripting languages is a plus.
Please send your CV in English. Relocation to the Brno CZ is a must. Red Hat provides all visa and documents support, relocation bonus.
Jiri Psotka <firstname.lastname@example.org>