Red Hat is seeking a strong Linux sustaining engineering resource to join its worldwide support organization. Come join one of the fastest growing enterprise software and services companies and the leader of open source software. This opportunity is a tremendous chance to become part of a fast-paced, leading edge company that is changing the way software is developed, sold and supported.
Red Hat's Global Support Services organization is dedicated to resolving the issues of our enterprise customers quickly and effectively. The Global Support Engineering Group provides high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services designed to maximize up-time and reduce IT costs.
Our Software Maintenance Engineers maintain close working relationships with our customer's top developers and architects and assist our front-line support engineers with the most complex and challenging issues. Daily contact with our R&D team allows one to regularly work alongside some of the best open source developers on the planet.
- Resolve complex customer problems within general base operating system components (e.g., shells, system administration tools, email, web services, and more)
- Analyze upstream development against current customer reported defects and develop patches to resolve the issue
- Use available tools to investigate and troubleshoot technical issues
- Record customer interactions to include investigation, troubleshooting, & the resolution of issues
- Work closely with Red Hat's production support engineers, technical account managers and development engineering
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a support, sustaining or development engineer or other directly related experience in an enterprise environment
- Linux operating system installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance experience
- Solid understanding of networking configuration (IP configuration, interface bonding, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- General understanding of base packages included in the RHEL distribution
- General understanding of security mechanisms such as SELinux and iptables
- Development level experience with C, and familiarity with developing and applying patches
- Familiarity with development tools including the gdb debugger
- Experience writing scripts using Bash, Python, and/or Perl to troubleshoot and correct Linux issues
- Upstream involvement in open-source projects (patches submitted for upstream inclusion) a plus, but not required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat customers
Please send your CV in English. Relocation to the Brno CZ is a must. Red Hat provides all visa and documents support, relocation bonus.
Jiri Psotka <email@example.com>