Никогда не пользовался в руках не держал, но вот наткнулся на ограничения Windows Phone и понял, что мой dumb phone 5 летней давности лучше, чем Windows Phone.
Er, would it make you feel any better if the summary said it costs 450 dollars to make people pay the upfront cost of $49 for a Nokia Lumia? The point still stands. Windows Phone 7 is a failure. People have been calling it since the beginning yet the fanboys kept saying wait 'til NoDo, wait 'til mango, wait 'til Nokia, wait 'til Lumia 900, blah blah blah. It failed. Accept it. And it failed for quite a few reasons. Here, I'll list them. All of them.
1. No true multitasking for 3rd party apps - they re frozen in the background.
2. No Divx/Xvid video codec support. Zune will convert with loss of quality.
3. No mass storage mode.
4. No micro-SD card support.
5. Only support up to 16GB storage .
6. No filemanager. Directory system is totally opaque.
7. Need Zune to transfer files. Zune will only transfer photos, videos & music. All other files need to email/upload to yourself.
8. Your contact details are automatically uploaded to cloud service whether you like it or not.
9. Limited to 800x480 resolution.
10. Voice search is hardwired to Bing.
11. Cannot use any MP3 file as ringtone except those with strict constraints.
12. Cannot set static IP address so no connection to ad-hoc networks.
13. No VPN support for this âoecorporate enterpriseâ phone.
14. Cannot sync directly with Outlook without syncing to Cloud
15. Totally closed OS, cannot sideload apps outside MS Marketplace.
16. System font size cannot be changed.
17. Images and photos cannot be renamed in the phone.
18. Windows Live ID account cannot change country once set.
19. No centralized notification page.
20. Alarm clock cannot work when phone is turned off. All Nokia Symbian and Meego phones can do this.
21. The idle screen is completely blank and cannot display time or notifications.
22. Only photos allowed as email attachments, documents not allowed.
23. No way to stream audio to the majority of car audio systems as the most common Bluetooth rSAP profile is not implemented.
24. Cannot stream audio from video playback to Bluetooth devices as A2DP profile is not implemented.
25. No support for full on-device encryption required for secure applications like mobile banking and online payment.
26. Cannot use Bluetooth keyboard (no HID profile)
27. Cannot silence ringtone or alarm by flipping the phone.
28. Very limited customization option.
29. Cannot be upgraded to WP8 (Apollo)
30. No always visible status bar for battery life, signal strength, carrier ID, 2G/3G wi-fi, Bluetooth on.
31. Taskmanager has no option to shut down apps you donâ(TM)t want running in the background.
32. Search and Back button cannot be de-activated in apps or games and easily touched by accident which interrupt your user experience.
33. Lockscreen need to be activated to show missed call/sms notification.
34. No way to close an app except pressing back button all the way to the first screen.
35. Tiny fonts in messages is very hard to read for those over 45.
36. Cannot create and save playlists on the phone.
37. Playlist can only be edited when you are playing it.
38. Cannot search your music collection on the phone, only in the Marketplace.
39. Cannot close music player, can only pause. Music player on lockscreen will stay until you reboot. Be careful not to touch it in a meeting.
40. No draggable progress bar for current track playing and no indication which track in an album is currently playing
41. Cannot lock screen orientation.
42. Online and phone contacts are mixed together with no ability to filter.
43. Search button in dialer does not search contacts for dialing, but search call history.
44. Cannot save draft sms messages.
45. Call history only show phone number type. If a contact has multiple phone nos. for a type the number used is unknown.
46. Cannot recognize phone numbers in sms or email to save or use as calling number.
47. Text messages can only be deleted one by one or the whole thread.
48. Cannot select multiple pictures for deleting, sending or uploading. They must be done one at a time.
49. No way to see photo details - dimension, date/time taken, file size, etc
50. Apps are listed alphabetically with no way to group by category. Can be hard to find if you donâ(TM)t remember the name.
51. Calendar scheduler has no weekly view and monthly view is non-zoomable.
52. No peak time/off-peak time scheduling for email downloads to prevent unnecessary email downloads at overnight.
53. If both wi-fi and data connection are available which one it chooses to use is unpredictable. User experiences donâ(TM)t agree with Microsoft that it âoetypicallyâ choose wi-fi over 3G.
54. No live wallpaper, no widgets, no themes
55. No haptic feedback for keyboard.
56. No Swype.
57. No flashplayer support.
58. No support for Java apps.
59. No call recording or app to do it.
60. No call blocking or app to do it.
61. No screenshots or app to do it.
62. No auto wallpaper changer and no app to do it.
63. Totally locked down os means apps which interact directly with hardware not allowed. This excludes a whole range of useful apps
64. No equalizer for Zune music player.
65. No data traffic counter and no app to do it.
66. IE browser has no text reflow, no download capability and no offline reading.
67. No 3rd party browsers allowed except those based on IE.
68. Volume up/down buttons cannot be used to zoom in camera (sign of an immature os)
69. Cannot open zip or rar files received as email attachment.
70. Cannot send or receive video by MMS.
71. Office Mobile has much less features than 3rd party Office editors like SmartOffice, QuickOffice and Polaris. Shame on you, Microsoft!
72. No native Google maps and Bing maps is useless for most countries outside U.S.
73. Email time stamp does not show the year.
74. Wide difference in apps availability in different markets and users locked to one market.
75. Not all Bing features available outside U.S. especially Local Scout
DUMB AND DUMBER
76. One volume control for all functions including media playback, ringtones, alarms, notifications.
77. Wi-fi disconnects when screen sleeps. If 3G is available background updates will use 3G and use up your data plan.
78. If you receive a text message when talking on the phone an audio alert will blast your ear at the full volume set. All other phones will give a soft beep.
79. Can only enter one mobile phone no. for each contact. Mobile nos. entered in other fields will not accept sms.
80. Cannot send/receive MMS without enabling 3G data connection. MMS does not use 3G data.
81. Phone cannot be charged when off.
82. Need to be plugged in to wall charger to sync wirelessly (a funny definition of wireless).
83. Oversized fonts for headings waste screen space and result in low information density
84. Phone will wake up and display sms content on lockscreen when locked â" a privacy violation.
85. Phone can be rebooted without entering security code.
FEATURES EVEN DUMB PHONES HAVE BUT WP7.5 DOESNâ(TM)T
86. No bluetooth file transfer.
87. Cannot handle USSD codes necessary for prepaid users to obtain services.
88. Cannot filter call history into Missed Calls, Received Calls, Dialled Calls, Recent Calls, etc
89. No way to backup or export call history
90. Cannot show call duration in call history.
91. No way to edit MMS profile to work with a carrier in the OS. Need an app which is not available in all markets.
92. Call history does not group calls by contact.
93. Call history does not show the time of call for calls older than current day.
94. Cannot set custom sounds for different types of notifications.
95. No ringer profiles.
96. No silent option (no vibrate and no ring) from ringer menu. Need a trip to settings and another trip to revert.
97. Cannot send/receive contact as a csv file.
98. Cannot backup your contacts or sms to PC.
99. Cannot save contact to SIM card.
100. Cannot change alarm ring tone or use a MP3 file.
101. Cannot set alarm snooze interval.
102. Unable to read long names in audio and video playlist as they get cut off
103. Zune does not allow user to add or update podcasts directly from the phone
104. Zune can only be installed if you have an internet connection
105. Alarm does not revert to speaker if headphones are plugged in.
106. Forwarded emails cannot be edited
107. OS does not reduce volume of text message alerts when using headphones
108. Generally force users to use IE, Bing and SkyDrive by shutting out competitors or tying OS features to them.
109. Wifi- hotspot and internet tethering not integral features in the OS but need to be provided by manufacturer on a case by case basis.
110. Internet Explorer has no forward button for page views.
111. Mobile Office cannot edit Office 97-2003 documents which competing Office editors and WP7 can. Typical Microsoft strategy to force users to upgrade.
112. Embedded images in emails do not download
113. Bing maps need to tap to get voice direction for next turn.
114. No Silverlight support.
115. Compass gives wrong reading in the Southern hemisphere due to bad API in the OS.
116. 3rd party apps cannot put notifications on the lockscreen
117. Cannot be charged up when battery is completely dead. (Lumia specific)
118. No support for lossless audio format like FLAC and WMA lossless
119. No HDMI output (Lumia specific).
120. No data usage monitor and no app to do it.
121. No over the air (OTA) firmware upgrade. All upgrades must be via PC installed Zune.
Не удивительно, что Nokia летит в трубу - это надо было такое г*но выбрать вместо Meego/Android.