LINUX.ORG.RU
ФорумTalks

[D][троллям]Обсуждение будущего D

Что-то обсуждение языка D нынче хорошо пошло. Вот и как-то так совпало, что на днях в блоге «The one with D» был пост в тему:

Many programmers are quite passionate about their language(s) of choice. I don’t know what it is. Something in the DNA, perhaps. Every negative word written about the language is taken personally. Every personal disappointment regarding design decisions becomes another piece of evidence that the language is doomed to fail. Java has been on the brink of failure for most of its existence if you listen to a number of vocal users who have posted in different forums and newsgroups over the years.

With D, the phenomenon seems exaggerated, I think, because the vocal community is a larger percentage of the relatively small whole. And when a prominent member of the community lets their frustration about Bugzilla #whatever be known, it seems as if the sky is falling and the language is destined to crash and burn in a spectacular ball of fire. Who’s going to adopt a language that can’t even get that particular issue straightened out?

And then there are the related issues of tools and libraries. If there’s no IDE that can fill in half of a module with a single click, who’s going to want to use D? Text editors are so archaic that useful programs just can’t be written with them. And without a debugger on par with that found in major IDEs, serious software isn’t going to get made. And, OMG, there are *two* standard libraries! What’s a poor, helpless programmer to do?

My take on all of this can be summarized in one word… Bullshit!

Ну и дальше данная позиция довольно подробно объясняется. Читать полезно, чтобы не выглядеть так толсто. По крайней мере.

★★

Ответ на: комментарий от o2inhal

Вынужден не согласиться. Даже если по лоровской традиции не вникать в текст - автор все равно отличается, здесь не Александреску.

Ну и статья Александреску - в некотором роде рекламное введение в язык, а здесь эмоциональный призыв «руки прочь от D», есть разница.

gizzka ★★
() автор топика

многобукв, следовательно D не нужен

Manhunt ★★★★★
()

О чем вообще говорить, если до сих пор нет средств разработки под amd64, которая уже почти стандарт дефакто? Кто виноват авторам, что они который год уже е..ут вола?

a3
()
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.