LINUX.ORG.RU
ФорумTalks

NVIDIA бросила ещё одну кость

, ,

Смотрите что делает палец животрворящий!

Ken Adams

Hello,

The Tegra GPU system software team has begun to align our new-chip development efforts with Nouveau. In particular we would like to arrive at a place where the Nouveau kernel driver code base is our primary development environment.

To that end I'd like to add some «official» hardware reference headers to Nouveau. The headers are derived from the information we use internally. I have arranged the definitions such that the similarities and differences between GPUs is made explicit. I am happy to explain the rationale for any design choices and since I wrote the generator I am able to tweak them in almost any way the community prefers.

For this specific phase I can provide information already available for GK20A and GM20B (via either nvgpu and/or the ongoing work to add Tegra support to Nouveau). We have already gone through an internal IP review process on those... but, over the long-term I'm confident any information we need to fill-in functionality >= NV50/G80 will be made public eventually. We just need to go through the internal steps necessary to make that happen.

I started a Nouveau branch of my own to treat as a scratch pad and for keeping track of discussion:
https://github.com/kfractal/nouveau/tree/hwref

That branch tracks:
https://github.com/Gnurou/nouveau/tree/staging

I also have:
https://github.com/kfractal/nouveau/tree/old-hwref

which has some earlier notes and discussion on use-patterns.

Once we're happy with the placement and organization of these headers and accessors, I've been given the freedom (i.e. time and space) to follow through and help make Nouveau our go-to chip development kernel driver.

I'm looking forward to comments and to actually, finally, jumping in :)

Thanks!
---
Ken Adams

NV50/G80 will be made public eventually

Но когда?

Black_Shadow ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от reprimand

Говорят, что для Тегры они уже используют nouveau как модель для драйвера (код будет когда-то вскоре).

При этом для карт 8xxx — 3xx они собираются слить код в nouveau после процедуры внутренней проверки.

carasin ★★★★★
()

Ага, код для GK107GLM и остальных десктопных/лаптопных моделей им, видать, код показывать стыдно

fang90 ★★★★★
()

Ну, в целом, очень позитивная новость. Ждем, нужно

sehellion ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от hc

ION'ы были в двух редакциях. Первые — это 9400M/9400ML/9300M, вторые — это 310M/210M.

При этом карты 8xxx—3xx — это одно поколение.

carasin ★★★★★
()
Последнее исправление: carasin (всего исправлений: 1)
Ответ на: комментарий от reprimand

Открыли *.h файлы из своего драйвера для Tegra

yurikoles ★★★
() автор топика
Ответ на: комментарий от carasin

При этом для карт 8xxx — 3xx они собираются слить код в nouveau после процедуры внутренней проверки.

Они обещали доки, а не код.

yurikoles ★★★
() автор топика
Ответ на: комментарий от yurikoles

Да, действительно. При беглом прочтении неправильно уловил посыл.

Прошу простить тех, кого ввёл в заблуждение.

carasin ★★★★★
()
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.