Summary Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how people use their mobile phones? Sonopia (www.sonopia.com)is recruiting a world class team in Kyiv, Ukraine and needs a Database Administrator to help build and maintain the database server at the heart of our revolutionary system.
Sonopia is recruiting for the DBA team who are responsible for the design and implementation of Sonopia’s high performance, high availability database system. Working in a mixed team, the DBA will be responsible for designing and implementing the database component of Sonopia’s offering. This will include research and analysis, use case and requirements generation, specification and implementation. The database will support a Java services layer and serve tens of millions of customers performing hundreds of thousands of operations per minute. We use MySQL technologies and actively pursue leading-edge developments.
Sonopia offers excellent benefits for the right candidates including stock options, great working conditions, flexible hours, peer driven grading and the opportunity for international travel.
• Good spoken and written English • Database design, administration and tuning – ideally in clustered Unix / Linux environments • Experience using triggers, stored procedures, views etc
• Data modeling with development teams • Performance analysis of databases • Performance tuning of databases • Implementation of procedures and processes • Data analysis • Installation and operations of RDBMS systems • Log analysis and preventative maintenance on RDBMS nodes
• Good spoken and written English • Database design, administration and tuning – ideally in clustered Unix / Linux environments • Experience in large database development • Experience using triggers, stored procedures, views etc
The successful candidate will also have experience in several of the following areas:
• High availability system management – ideally in a telecoms or commodity website environment • Object-oriented design using ERD tools • Large-scale MySQL design and deployment
Experience in the following areas will be advantageous but not necessary:
• Consumer software/website database design • Agile development (XP) • Java programming – specifically Hibernate, JDBC and Java Beans • Server scripting (Python, PHP, Perl)
Sonopia encourages flexible working practices and values results. Members of the Sonopia team are expected to be resourceful and self motivated. The work will occasionally be difficult and long hours may be required.
MS/BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent is preferred. Credit will be given for candidates who do not have relevant degrees but can demonstrate equivalent work experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send us detailed CV to email@example.com