Major changes between «less» versions 458 and 481
- Don't overwrite history file; just append to it.
- New command ESC-G goes to end of currently buffered data in a pipe.
- Disable history feature when compiled with LESSHISTFILE set to "-".
- In more-compatible mode, make the -p option apply to every file opened, not just the first one.
- In more-compatible mode, change the -e option to work like -E, not -EF.
- Treat multiple CRs before LF are like one CR (all the CRs are hidden).
- Allow «extra» string in lesskey file to append to a multi-char command (like a search pattern), without executing the command.
- Ignore -u/-U setting while viewing help file, so that underline and bold chars are displayed correctly.
- Improve detection of «binary» files in UTF-8 mode.
- Fix bug with ++ commands.
- Fix bug where prompt was sometimes not displayed with +G.
- Fix possible memory corruption
- Fix bugs and improve performance in ampersand filtering.
- Automate construction of Unicode tables from Unicode database.
- Allow %% escape sequence in LESSOPEN variable.