Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that has built a global infrastructure platform to enable developers around the world to seamlessly deploy, manage, and scale their applications. With more than 750,000 registered customers and over 30,000 teams, DigitalOcean has become one of the fastest growing cloud platforms in the industry. Our mission is to create a portfolio of cloud products and services that teams of developers love.
Digital Ocean's Managed Services Team is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join our team. We provide a relaxed work atmosphere and hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies. We are looking for members who love IT, troubleshooting complex technical issues and who take pride in their work. A large part of the job is interfacing with our customers directly, so communication skills are extremely important.
In this role. you will be responsible for managing nearly 1000 servers in a managed hosting environment. Previous experience with web hosting is a plus. If you feel that you're ready to take things to the next level by automating, virtualizing, and leveraging config-management tools - let us know!
This is a full-time position that can be based in NYC, Cambridge, MA or worked remotely. If you choose to work remotely you will have occasional travel to our office for training and team building. What You’ll Be Doing:
- Respond to a high volume of technical and product question tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshoot Linux (CentOS and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, PHP, DNS, LDAP
- Quickly learn ServerStack systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love to use Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer’s experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 setting (nights and weekends)
What We Expect From You:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments
- Programing/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Source Code: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Monitoring: Nagios, Icinga, Cacti, Prometheus
- Advanced TCP Networking: OSPF, BGP, Hardware Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls
- Storage: GlusterFS, DRBD, Ceph, Swift
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.