LINUX.ORG.RU
ФорумTalks

[из блога разработчика]E-sata и Solid

Специально для Ъ

Some days ago a guy asked in the kde-hardware-devel mailing list how to make disks connected to an e-sata port to behave like removable disk in KDE. I have a notebook with e-sata port and had this problem too, but have never tried to fix that, until now. I think what I have found can help other people too so I am writing this post.

After some tries I found a way to tell hald that my disks' partitions come from a removable disk. That works but have an inconvinience, I needed to create one configuration file per partition. Some more tries and finally I got to configure hald to treat all disks connected to my e-sata controller as removable:

1. Add this file to your system:

File /etc/hal/fdi/policy/40-e-sata.fdi

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="linux.sysfs_path" contains="/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/host4/">
      <merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">false</merge>
      <merge key="@block.storage_device:storage.removable" type="bool">true</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

2. Change the contains part to match your e-sata controller's. You can find it using the command:

evolucao ~ # find /sys/devices/ -name sdb
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/host4/target4:0:0/4:0:0:0/block/sdb

3. Restart hald: /etc/init.d/hald restart 4. That's it :-)

The strange thing is that the file /sys/class/block/sdb/removable contains 0, it should contains 1 since the disk is removable. Maybe it is a kernel bug.

Hal is deprecated for some years now, KDE SC, more precisely Solid, is the only desktop/library that uses it extensively. When we, Solid metal-workers, finish Solid transition to udisk and upower probably hal is gonna vanish for ever.

In less than two weeks there will a Solid Sprint in Madri (Spain), I will be there :-), and we are going to discuss how far we are from the end of this transition. Honestly I like hal, it is flexible from users point of view. I have never used udisk and I do not know if it possible to workaround a problem in the kernel such as this one about disks connected to a e-sata controller using udisk. I hope it is.

Скопипащено с http://lamarque-lvs.blogspot.com/2010/09/e-sata-and-solid.html

Такие дела!

Чего то не работает. А сделал вроде всё как написано.

keeper_b ★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от keeper_b

Где-то, возможно в ядре, баг. Хал умер, а он нравился разработчикам.

Yareg ★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от keeper_b

Они хотят, чтобы e-sata диски виделись как removable. Не взлетает.

amomymous ★★★
()

А у меня начал видеться один из sata как removable:) Надо потыкать, мож это ведро.

Pavval ★★★★★
()
Ответ на: комментарий от CyberTribe

Но он пишет что не знает пока будет она работать лучше чем с HAL

Freiheits-Sender ★★
() автор топика
Вы не можете добавлять комментарии в эту тему. Тема перемещена в архив.