LINUX.ORG.RU

История изменений

Исправление EXL, (текущая версия) :

сам ты deprecated

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=XServer-Abandonware

This should hardly be surprising but a prominent Intel open-source developer has conceded that the X.Org Server is pretty much «abandonware» with Wayland being the future.

Daniel Vetter of Intel’s kernel graphics driver team and DRM co-maintainer commented, «The main worry I have is that xserver is abandonware without even regular releases from the main branch. That’s why we had to blacklist X. Without someone caring I think there’s just largely downsides to enabling features.» (Then again, that coming from an Intel Linux developer isn’t too surprising considering it’s been more than six years since the last xf86-video-intel DDX release.)

Besides the likes of Red Hat, Intel has been the only other major organization in recent time willing to devote resources to areas like X.Org release management, but even while they let go some of their Wayland folks years ago, they seem uninterested in devoting much in the way of the X.Org Server advancements as we approach 2021.

Исходная версия EXL, :

сам ты deprecated

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=XServer-Abandonware

This should hardly be surprising but a prominent Intel open-source developer has conceded that the X.Org Server is pretty much «abandonware» with Wayland being the future.

Daniel Vetter of Intel’s kernel graphics driver team and DRM co-maintainer commented, «The main worry I have is that xserver is abandonware without even regular releases from the main branch. That’s why we had to blacklist X. Without someone caring I think there’s just largely downsides to enabling features.» (Then again, that coming from an Intel Linux developer isn’t too surprising considering it’s been more than six years since the last xf86-video-intel DDX release.)

Besides the likes of Red Hat, Intel has been the only other major organization in recent time willing to devote resources to areas like X.Org release management, but even while they let go some of their Wayland folks years ago, they seem uninterested in devoting much in the way of the X.Org Server advancements as we approach 2021.